Razer Comms ADDS Live Stream Viewer!
Razer Comms, one of the world’s largest online gaming chat clients, now allows its millions of users to watch Twitch live streams, discover new channels, connect and share with friends
Razer™, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the launch of Stream Viewer for Comms, a new feature for the gaming VoIP messenger.
Stream Viewer for Comms seamlessly integrates popular streaming providers such as Twitch, the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, to enhance the social experience of gaming.
The three main challenges with stream viewing today are:
- Discovery of new streams; and
- Being alerted when streamers go live; and
- Social interaction on streams due to the amount of spamming in the popular channels
The new Stream Viewer for Comms will allow the millions of Razer users to address all of the above issues. With the new Stream Viewer for Comms, streams can now be recommended to users based on interest, games and also via recommendations by friends. Further, Comms will also send an alert to all stream followers when a streamer comes online. Finally, Comms allows private hosting of chat groups to watch streams as they come live – so that groups of friends can interact and communicate with each other.
The public release of the Stream Viewer for Comms followed a two-week, early-access event where over 4000 users tried the software.
The full list of features for the Stream Viewer for Razer Comms will include the following:
- Watch streams with friends
- Discover streams based on interests and games
- Host private chats while watching streams with friends
- Create playlists to group favorite streams together
- Receive notifications when streams go live
- Share playlists
“Broadcasting and watching gameplay is now a global phenomenon – Twitch, alone, has attracted more than 60 million unique visitors and more than 16 billion minutes of content in a month,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “Maximizing this new and exciting form of media content and consumption, Razer Comms with its Stream Viewer feature aims to push the social experience in gaming and provide Razer’s millions of users with access to a refined streaming content experience.”
“Our goal is to be everywhere gamers are,” said Matthew DiPietro, VP of Marketing, Twitch. “Stream Viewer for Razer Comms, Razer’s promising new desktop software, provides one more way for the Twitch community to connect.”
ABOUT RAZER COMMS:
Razer Comms is a free all-in-one communications solution for gamers, offering crystal clear VoIP and versatile instant messaging with group chat capabilities. Built with advanced in-game overlay functionality and cross-game chat support, Razer Comms allows you to get in touch with your friends without compromising your gameplay. This is how gamers were meant to communicate.
Razer Comms also includes the following features:
- Instant Messaging – Instant message and voice with friends on your list, colleagues at work or your raiding guild party members quickly and easily.
- In Game Overlay – Stay notified of all your messages, notifications and even connect with voice to friends without ever losing your focus on the game screen with the minimal real estate overlay feature of Comms.
- Gaming on the Go – With an Android application and the ability to forward calls and messages to your PC when linked, you are always connected to your guild and friends no matter where you are.
You can learn more about Razer Comms at http://www.razerzone.com/comms.
Razer™ is a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers.
Razer is transforming the way people play games, engage with other gamers and identify with the gamer lifestyle. Having won the coveted “Best of CES” award consecutively for four years, the company’s leadership in product innovation continues to create new categories for the gaming community that is estimated to have over 1 billion gamers worldwide.
Razer’s award-winning design and technology include an array of user interface and systems devices, voice-over IP for gamers and a cloud platform for customizing and enhancing gaming devices.
Founded in 2005, Razer is backed by IDG-Accel and Heliconia Capital Management (Heliconia), a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore investment company Temasek.
For more information visit http://www.razerzone.com/about-razer.
Alain Mazer, Global Director of Public Relations
Razer – For Gamers. By Gamers.™
Content published by