Some things you need to know about the
WE ARE ONE COLOUR FESTIVAL
before you arrive on Saturday the 6th April 2013
WE ARE ONE COLOUR festivals are about bringing people together and celebrating the fun and colour of everyday life. To support and reinforce this ethos more strongly we have re branded from HOLI ONE COLOUR FESTIVAL to WE ARE ONE COLOUR Festival. This means we have re branded the Facebook page and you would automatically have been moved over to the new page if you hadn’t moved over already. But if you’re reading this it means you couldn’t wait! Join us on Twitter www.twitter.com/WeAreOneSA
TIP 1: COLOUR IT UP
TIP 1: Every hour on the hour a countdown culminates in everyone throwing their powders in the air (and at each other)! Powders will be on sale for R20 per 100g in 5 colours.
TIP 2: ARRIVE IN WHITE
TIP 2: Arrive in white, leave covered in colour. Powders wash out of clothes and hair, but some staining may last on clothes. Choose a white outfit specifically for the festival – get creative!
WE ARE ONE COLOUR powders have arrived! Get to the festival in white – leave covered in blue, green, yellow, orange and pink. Which colour are you going to be throwing the most at Joburg WE ARE ONE Colour Festival on 6 April? Like this if you’re excited to get colourful!
9 of the biggest DJs and music acts! 8 hours of the best party music! 5 of the brightest colour powders! 1000s of exhilarated colour-covered revellers! 1 unforgettable experience in 1 awesome city for the 1st time! This is Joburg WE ARE ONE Colour Festival! NOW you’re counting down the days like we are!
TIP 3: PROTECT YOUR STUFF
TIP 3: Protect Your Stuff. We want you snapping, tweeting, posting, texting and sharing, but make sure you protect your electronics (cameras, cellphones) from powder by putting them in bags, cases or plastic covers.
TIP 4: TAKE NOTE
TIP 4: Here is some key stuff you need to know for Joburg WE ARE ONE Colour Festival:
– Bring you ID or drivers licence (you will be checked at the entrance)
– Make sure you have your tickets
– No firearms
– No cooler boxes or car bars (you know who we’re talking about)
– No food, drinks or containers (plastic or glass) allowed into the festival. There will be plenty to buy at the various stalls
– Bring some cash (no cards accepted, but there will be an ATM on site)
TIP 5: BE PREPARED
TIP 5: A mask for your mouth, goggles for your eyes (especially if you wear contacts), overalls for your clothes. If you don’t bring your own survival kit, you’ll be able to buy gear at the festival (while stocks last).
TIP 6: KNOW YOUR WAY AROUND
TIP 6: Know your way around
Use this map of Emmarentia Dam and surrounds to find parking and entrances.
– There are several entrances – security will be at each. The main entrance gate is on Thomas Bowler Street
– Parking is LIMITED so we urge you to car pool, take cabs, taxis, busses
– Street parking is indicated by the dotted line
– Only Eyethu Security and JMPD may assist you with parking
– Illegal parking = car towed (unless you want to walk home?)
– Don’t drink and drive (don’t be those people). Police will be patrolling the area
TIP 7: PARTY FROM 11H00 – 20H00
TIP 7: Gates open at 11h00, not 12h00! We’ve extended Joburg WE ARE ONE Colour Festival so you have more time to party in colour! But get there early to try avoid Qs!
And here’s the full line-up
11h00-12h00 Sadhu Sensi
12h00-13h00 DJ Babaganoush
13h00-14h00 Michael Lesar
14h05-15h00 DJ Danger Ingozi
15h00-16h00 DJ MIGHTY
16h05-17h00 Toby 2 Shoes
17h00-18h00 Richard The Third
19h05-20h00 Kid Fonque
- HOLI ONE Colour Festival(dkexpressions.wordpress.com)
- Holi One Colour Festival in Cape Town(blissfulblurbs.wordpress.com)
- Holi One Cape Town(dkexpressions.wordpress.com)
- The colour of fun(timesofmalta.com)
- Holi: the festival of colours(dawn.com)
- We Are One(thejourneytoadream.wordpress.com)
- Festival of colours celebrated in city(dawn.com)
- Photos: South Africa Colour Festival(photos.mercurynews.com)
- Pragwah: The Festival of Colours by Caribbean Hindus(repeatingislands.com)